Termidor Termite Treatments
At Assassin Pest Control, we have a strict policy whereby we go in and do a job once and do it RIGHT!
We have an exceptionally low call back rate for Termite Treatments – in fact we would have to look into our archives to find out when exactly we were called back to a job site as it’s such a rare occurrence!
In our opinions it is the only way to do pest control – help the customer out as quickly & as effectively as possible, and in doing so avoid any costly returns to the job site in order to finish things off. This cannot be achieved by merely killing off the visible termites – a treatment must be used that has a sufficient transfer effect to kill of the colony.
Our confidence in treating pests & in particular termites has been built on years of experience & a wealth of knowledge. We’ve used a number of termite treatments over the years and have come to trust Termidor as our preferred chemical for complete termite treatments.
We are more concerned about eliminating the termite colony that is the source of termite workers, who are busying themselves eating away at someone’s home. Termidor is extremely effective in doing this and although some termites may be killed from their initial contact with the chemical concentrate, many of them will live and return to their mound. In doing so they will transmit the chemical to fellow workers, who also transmit the chemical, until the entire colony INCLUDING the queen are exposed to Termidor, which eventually kills all termites that come into contact with it.
Termidor’s ability to wipe out entire termite colonies is one of the great advantages of using the product. In addition it does not have a strong solvent smell that would normally linger in your home for weeks – occupants are able to continue living in their homes with minimal disruption to their daily lives.
So for anyone who asks us, what type of termite treatment should be used in a home or workplace? Termidor Termite Treatments.
Active termites a problem?
Call now for a Free Quote and advice about your pest control/ termite situation
At ASSASSIN PEST CONTROL the termite protection that we favour is Termidor. These facts are why we recommend it to protect your home in Sydney, Australia.
- Termidor is applied at very low rates. Typically, the active ingredient (Fipronil) is just 0.06% of the solution, a concentration much lower than that of older liquids and less than most insecticides.
- Keep in mind, too, that since 1995, fipronil has been use around the world for flea and tick control on household pets and on agricultural crops to protect food supplies. And Termidor has virtually no odour, which means you and your family won’t notice a thing. No better choice for termite defence.
- Termidor is the only termite treatment that combines a unique mode of action, a long residual, and the ability to manage colonies faster than a baiting system.
Unique Advantages of Termidor:
- Australia’s #1 termite defence with over 100,000 homes treated since 2000. Kills by ingestion, contact, and the “Transfer Effect,” meaning affected insects help spread Termidor throughout the colony before dying themselves.
- Manages colonies up to 6 times faster than bait systems.
- Most effective termiticide – over 10 years of test data prove most effective and fastest at eliminating termite populations.
- Responsible, low-dose treatment, with no odour.
- Only trained, termite professionals can apply the product.
Termidor Termite Treatments
Until Termidor was released, protecting those homes involved chemicals that are repellent to householders as well as termites and which have to be applied in a perfect, unbroken barrier. Termidor has quickly established itself as the most effective and convenient protection for homes with no built-in barrier.
This type of termite protection doesn’t depend on a repellent barrier and actually eliminates termites rather than just repelling them. This is because termites cannot detect Termidor. It has the added advantages of low toxicity and no odour. In fact, Termidor is a soil termiticide that does not require occupants to leave the house while the treatment is carried out.
The First Undetectable Termite Trap
Older chemical treatments create a repellent barrier that termites won’t go through, but will try to find a way around. While they are usually effective, they have three main drawbacks; applying them creates a repulsive smell that lasts a day or two and can be difficult to live with; they deter termites, but do nothing to reduce the colony; and even a gap of a few centimetres in the barrier can cause the treatment to fail. Termidor supersedes those barriers with an extremely efficient in-ground trap that termites can’t detect the Treated Zone. Far from being repelled by a barrier, termites forage into the Treated Zone and are killed in one of three ways:
- Termites that ingest or contact enough Termidor can be killed outright.
- Those that only receive a low dose of Temidor become dysfunctional. They stop feeding and grooming each other, neglect their environment, become diseased and die.
- Many affected termites find their way back to the colony. Other termites then receive a lethal dose through normal social interaction or cannibalism.
Since the launch of Termidor in 1998, over 100,000 homes have been successfully treated in Australia. Pest Managers using Termidor have found local call backs to be almost nonexistent, and there has not been a single product failure. Termites infested houses which were treated in pre-release trials from 1995 onwards, remained termite-free for at least seven years.
Minimal Environmental Impact
We all want to protect our most valuable assets and eliminate termites from our homes, and we want to do it with as little environmental impact as possible. Whereas the termiticides used as barriers are rated Schedule 6 POISON, Termidor is in the Schedule % CAUTION and is the only soil treatment that is not classified as hazardous according to the criteria of WorkSafe Australia.
Although Termidor is lethal to termites, its specific mode of action is much les hazardous for humans, pets and wildlife. Termidor has the same active ingredient as a market-leading veterinary product applied to cats and does to control fleas. The active ingredient is also widely used on food crops.
As well as being highly effective, it is also easier to live with during and straight after treatment. Studies have shown that it produces no airborne residues so it is possible to remain in the house while it is treated. With other soil treatments you must leave your home for a few hours.
The Termidor Termite Elimination Program
When it comes to protection your home from termites, you have too much to lose to rely on anyone other than an experienced pest Manager using this proven step by step approach:
- A thorough inspection to find out whether termites are present, locate and teat their nest if possible, and identify likely trouble spots.
- A check of the drainage and ventilation under and around your home and any other structures, with remedial action if necessary.
- Application of Termidor to create a Treated Zone.
- A follow-up inspection of the area within three months after treatment to make sure it has been successful.
- Regular inspections at least annually as recommended by Australian Standard 3660.
One of the most feared problems of home owners is termite infestation. Not only do termites look really nasty, they can also cause costly damage, which grows larger the longer you are unable to find the right solution. As with most pest problems, having termites in the house is like waging a war for territory. The more they become aware that you’re attacking them, the more they will become aggressive in ensuring their claim to your property. Thus, the best way to fight termites is not through a head-on encounter, but with a smart, stealthy strategy that is so powerful they’ll never know what hit them.
Termidor Termite Treatment stands by this stealth approach. The solution is virtually undetectable even to the very sensitive senses of termites. It can’t be seen, smelled or felt by the most perceptive termite in the colony. The termites will go on their usual activities, clueless that they’ve been crawling freely over areas treated with Termidor. Their bodies will already be carrying the treatment and they will unknowingly spread this silent killer to fellow termites they come in contact with. Eventually, the whole colony will be poisoned and wiped out in no time at all.
Only licensed professionals are allowed to use Termidor to treat termite-infested structures. After a thorough inspection, your pest control agent will present you with possible solutions suitable for your needs. Here are more reasons why you should trust Termidor in case an anti-termite specialist recommends it:
It’s fast and effective. The unique formulation of Termidor makes it six times more effective in eliminating 100% of termite populations compared to other common methods, such as bait and monitoring systems. Application is likewise fast; a standard home application can take just less than one hour to complete.
It’s cost-efficient. Termidor treatment costs will depend on various factors such as size of the area, extent of infestation and so on. But no matter what treatment plan you may go for, it will most likely still be less expensive and practical in the long run compared to other common treatment options. A good chunk of the cost savings can be credited to the speed of its effect (no more repeat doses) and the long-lasting protection it can offer in keeping termites away for a long time.
It’s friendly to your family and the environment. Termidor is proven safe to use for residential applications. Its active ingredient, fipronil, is commonly utilised in edible products (food crops) and pet hygiene (flea and tick control for cats and dogs) products. Termidor is odour-free, making it a preferred solution for other kid- and family-friendly places such as schools and churches.
Worried about termites? Wage war against them – the silent, super-powered way – with the right Termidor treatment plan. Talk to your trusted anti-termite team today.